Recent Makeup No.1

So I was originally going to call this feature 'What's in my plastic box?', but I decided against it as it sounds slightly ridic...

So I was originally going to call this feature 'What's in my plastic box?', but I decided against it as it sounds slightly ridiculous. However, that is the general gist of this post. I keep a clear box, from Ikea I believe (it's effectively a poor man's Muji box) on top of my dresser filled with products I've been loving and wearing recently. I also throw in anything that I'm wanting to get more use out of, or things that I want to try. That way they don't get lost at the back of my makeup drawer, and it makes me a little more experimental... Everyone is a winner.




So what has been making up my daily makeup routine recently?












Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal in No.52 Vanilla
I've been getting a lot of wear out of this foundation lately. Its relatively long lasting formula and medium coverage are always a favourite of mine, but it is it's light feeling on the skin that's been winning me over recently.

Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzer in 51
I've had this bronzer for what feels like years but it's still going strong. I've been applying it liberally with my Real Techniques Powder brush to try and get my face looking as tanned as my body, after all this sunshine we've been having.

Sleek Blush by 3 in Sweet Cheeks
This new blush set has wowed me with its formula and pigmentation of the powder blushers and the silkiness of the cream blush. I've found the pale pink shade 'Dolly Mix' to look great with a tan and I can't wait to wear all the shades in the winter months paired with a dark berry lip colour.

L'oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer
I absolutely love this primer and I'm sure it will feature heavily in future Daily Makeup posts. However, I may have just found a new love in the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, but I'm trying with all my might to just save that for special occasions and use L'oreal's offering in the meantime.

Bourjois Colour Boost in Peach on the Beach
This lip crayon seems to be a blogger's favourite at the moment and I can't say I disagree. It offers a beautiful shade, with nice pigmentation rounded off with a hefty dose of hydration. It's a great summer staple to just throw in your beach bag (if you're lucky enough to be at a beach).

Notable Mentions
I've been finding Collection's Illuminating concealer to be a wee bit too pale for me, but it's helping hide any unwanted spots and dark bags easily. And I won't ramble on about No7's Stay Perfect mascara, but if you want to know more, read my post here.

As you can see I've been keeping my makeup pretty minimal at the moment, with nice bright summery shades and apparently I have a huge soft spot for Bourjois at the minute.


What makeup have you been wearing recently? Does anyone else find themselves going through phases with brands?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images