Benefit They're Real Mascara Dupe?

As I was having a little peruse of Boots the other day I came across Collection's Does It All Waterproof Mascara , and Collection handil...

As I was having a little peruse of Boots the other day I came across Collection's Does It All Waterproof Mascara, and Collection handily have the a sample of mascara brush on show so that you can see what it's like. Firstly, WHY do not all brands do this? It makes it so much easier for you tell what the mascara may be like.





Anyway, ramble over, I thought it really resembled a mascara wand I already had, but couldn't figure out which one. Collection had a 'Everything under £4' offer on, so I thought I'd pick it up anyway. Once I was home I wapped out all my mascaras and realised it was Benefit's They're Real Mascara that it looked so similar too. As you can see below, the brushes are almost exactly the same! I was shocked, Collection's offering is less than an a quarter cheaper than Benefit's. If I was forced to pick out something that separated the two, I would probably say the prongs (or whatever) they're called on They're Real are slightly longer, but I haven't found it makes any difference in the application or the effect!

Left- Does It All Right- They're Real


Now, onto the formula... I love They're Real, but the only let down for me is the fact its not waterproof. It doesn't smudge easily, and for most normal people that's fine. But no, not for me and my oily eyelids. That's where Does It All comes in. It does have a non-waterproof version, but it's their waterproof version that tickles my fancy. It stays put all day, and offers exactly the same look to They're Real.

To summarise, I love it. Its cheap, it lasts a long time and it makes my eyelashes look pretty. Win.

Have you guys found any other dupes for They're Real? As far as I know, this is pretty one of a kind!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images